We tested this viral recipe and let's just say, it does not disappoint!
This Viral Scored Zucchini recipe from Chef Thomas Keller is a trending dish that is taking the internet by storm. This recipe involves scoring zucchini with a sharp knife and baking it in the oven with olive oil and seasonings, resulting in a beautifully caramelized and flavorful dish. The presentation of the scored zucchini is stunning and adds an elevated touch to any meal. Plus, it’s a great way to incorporate extra veggies into your diet!
WOT we love about this recipe: It’s easy to prepare and takes only a few minutes of prep time.
The zucchini is cooked until tender, and the scoring allows the flavors and seasonings to seep into the flesh of the zucchini, making it even more flavorful. This dish is perfect as a side for any meal or even as a healthy and delicious snack.
Viral Scored Zucchini
- 2 zucchinis, washed and dry
- kosher salt
- avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Trim ends, slice zucchini lengthwise, and then score them diagonally with a sharp knife. Be careful with the knife.
- On a plate, sprinkle kosher salt over the scored top of the zucchini. Let rest at room temperature for 20-30 mins. Then, blot the excess moister from the zucchini using a paper towel. This will help to ensure a golden-brown finish.
- In a cast iron or grill pan. Add enough avocado oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Over medium-high heat, cook the zucchini scored side down for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip the zucchini and cook scored side up for 2-3 minutes. Flip one more time, scored side down and place in the oven at 450F for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and plate with the scored side up and serve.
- These are delicious straight out of the oven. Season to taste with fresh ground black pepper.
Photo by Lorianne DeVita