We love all kinds of salsa – mild, spicy, and hot! – but this year for Cinco de Mayo we wanted to kick it up a notch by trying something new! Enter: Our Pineapple Salsa. This recipe is a refreshing take on traditional salsa using only pure, organic, and the simplest of ingredients.
The presentation definitely adds a wow factor to this recipe (read on below for instructions) … So extra points for showing up to a party with this in hand! Plus, the pineapple adds a layer of sweetness that is very complementary to the salt in chips. Another perk? We’ve used our Pineapple Salsa as a topping on protein in the summertime to add some extra flavors and freshness to our meals – Which means we’ll be making this on rotation in the kitchen. Enjoy!
- makes about 4 cups
- 1 Whole Pineapple cored and diced
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes these are a bit sweeter!
- ¾ cup red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients, cover in fridge for about an hour to marinate flavors, top with fresh cilantro. Great to have with tortilla chips or to top grilled chicken in the summer time!
- Pineapple bowl is made by cutting pineapple in half vertically and using a knife to trace a circle inside of the pineapple for the diameter of the bowl. We used a big spoon to scoop the pineapple out. Great trick to make for parties so you don’t have to worry about bringing your serving bowl home.
Recipe inspired by Always Order Dessert.
Women of Today