This vegan recipe checks all the boxes we love: quick, easy, and delicious!
We are always looking for quick and easy meals to share because, let’s be honest, many of us don’t have a ton of time to cook. This recipe for 15-Minute Vegan Tomato Orzo from Lucy & Lentils is both of those things AND best of all, it’s vegan.
WOT we love about this recipe: This whole recipe takes 15 minutes to cook, only uses 5 main ingredients, and is perfect for weeknight dinners. We suggest pairing it with our Honey Glazed Chicken.
15-Minute Vegan Tomato Orzo
- 1½ cups orzo pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1¾ cup tomatoes
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or parsley or both!
- salt and pepper
- Add the orzo to boiling salted water (around 1.5 cups) and cook for around 10-12 minutes or aldente
- Add the tomatoes to a large pan with the olive oil, fry for around 5 minutes before adding the chopped shallots and garlic, continue to fry for a few minutes on a low heat before smushing the tomatoes
- Add a ladle of the pasta water to the pot with the tomatoes, drain the rest and then add the orzo to the pot, add the dried basil, and bring together
- Add the freshly chopped herbs, season generously with salt and pepper (this is important)
Recipe and photos by Lucy & Lentils