If you are looking for a great better-for-you dessert then you must try this Almond Butter Chocolate Fudge! It’s easy to prepare, not too sweet and contains no refined sugar. It’s also the perfect dessert to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Follow the steps below for this easy + delicious recipe!
Almond Butter Chocolate Fudge
- 1 3/4 cup cups dark chocolate chips/morsels
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter unsweetened
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups smooth almond butter unsweetened
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil melted and cooled (not hot)
- 5 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flake Salt (lightly crushed)
- Mix the chocolate layer first. Melt the chocolate chips over low heat in a saucepan. Fold in coconut oil, almond butter, honey and vanilla.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Create a sling by cutting two pieces of parchment paper to fit the width of the pan and crisscross them (See image).
- Spread the melted chocolate mixture over the bottom of the pan. Chill in the refrigerator while you make the top layer until solid.
- Mix together all the top almond layer ingredients in a large bowl with a hand mixer. (You can use a whisk by hand if you don’t have one!)
- Pour the almond butter mixture on top of the chilled chocolate layer, spreading the mixture evenly.
- Top with lightly crushed flake salt and chill covered in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Remove fudge by picking up the parchment paper sling. Cut and serve.
- Store any leftover fudge in the refrigerator or freezer. We love storing this sweet treat in our freezer for a little bite of sweetness here and there!
Recipe inspired by Paleo Running Momma
Women of Today