A dessert so good you will have no idea there is no refined sugar!
If you are looking for a great, better-for-you dessert, then you must try this Almond Butter Chocolate Fudge! It’s easy to prepare, not too sweet, and contains no refined sugar. It’s a great dessert to make for a party, a dinner, or just to have around the house.
This recipe uses almond butter (like other nut butter, almond butter contains a lot of healthy, unsaturated fat and a small amount of saturated fat), coconut oil, raw honey, and dark chocolate chips.
Follow the steps below for this easy + delicious recipe!
Almond Butter Chocolate Fudge
- 1-3/4 cup cups dark chocolate chips/morsels
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp . pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups smooth almond butter, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted and cooled (not hot)
- 5 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tbsp. flake salt (lightly crushed)
- Mix the chocolate layer first. Melt the chocolate chips over low heat in a saucepan. Fold in coconut oil, almond butter, honey and vanilla.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Create a sling by cutting two pieces of parchment paper to fit the width of the pan and crisscrossing them (See image).
- Spread the melted chocolate mixture over the bottom of the pan. Chill in the refrigerator while you make the top layer until solid.
- Mix all the top almond layer ingredients in a large bowl with a hand mixer. (You can use a whisk by hand if you don’t have one!)
- Pour the almond butter mixture on top of the chilled chocolate layer, spreading the mixture evenly.
- Top with lightly crushed flake salt and chill covered in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Remove the fudge by picking up the parchment paper sling. Cut and serve.
- Store any leftover fudge in the refrigerator or freezer. We love storing this sweet treat in our freezer for a little bite of sweetness here and there!
Women of Today
All photos by Lorianne DeVita
Recipe inspired by Paleo Running Momma