I love party food and dips, but I am always looking for ways to make these typical dishes healthier for everyone. This Avocado Tomatillo Salsa is a great alternative to a heavy and fat filled dip.
Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 large Hass avocado halved and pitted
- 6 small tomatillos about 9 ounces, husks removed, rinsed and quartered
- 2 jalapeños seeded
- 1 cup cilantro leaves packed
- 2 green onions
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the avocado, tomatillos, jalapeños, cilantro, green onions, and garlic and process for about 10 seconds, or until creamy but still chunky.
- Transfer the salsa to a medium bowl, stir in the lime juice, orange juice, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill well before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Inspired by Food & Wine