I don’t know about your family, but sports are a big part of mine, and football especially, talks loud in my house. Even though my team didn’t make it to the Super Bowl, I’m sitting here writing with my Red Skins shirt on and looking at the Redskins nightlight on the wall, a little heartbroken, but Super Bowl will still be highly celebrated and bet on in my home this Sunday.
So you know we have the staples of a football party and I don’t even need to mention to you what they are, but I wanted to share this dip that is healthier than your average football party dip.
Herbed Feta Dip
- 6 ounces feta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill plus torn sprigs for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil – For drizzle
- Blend feta and a splash of water (I used about 1/8 cup) in a food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in parsley, mint, and chopped dill; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and top with dill sprigs.
- Serve with cut vegetables, tortilla or pita chips.