Buffalo cauliflower has become very popular lately … Well, really anything with cauliflower has become popular lately (speaking of, who has a great recipe for homemade cauliflower pizza crust?). So when Women of Today reader Kelly Dodson sent us her recipe for Baked Buffalo Cauliflower, we had to try it! It’s gluten-free and baked, not fried! It checks ALL the boxes for an amazing appetizer.
This recipe is very easy to make, and it is addictive!! Once you start snacking, we promise you won’t be able to stop. We do have a couple tips we picked up for you when you make this dish:
First, cut your cauliflower into large pieces, approximately 1 inch to 1.5 inches in diameter (the pieces will shrink when cooked).
Second, make sure you remove any excess almond flour pieces before placing the cauliflower on a baking tray (they will burn if left on the pan!).
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, or vegan egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut cauliflower into 1-1.5 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dipping mixture by putting the egg (beaten) in one bowl and the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Pour the egg over the cauliflower and mix well, making sure each piece is coated.
- Pour the almond flour mixture over the cauliflower and mix, making sure each piece is coated well.
- Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until pieces are a little crispy on the edges. Careful not to let the pieces burn!
- Remove cauliflower from oven and place pieces back in a large bowl.
- Pour the Frank's Red Hot Sauce on top, making sure pieces are totally coated.
- Place the cauliflower back on the baking sheet and in the oven in 8 minutes.
- Broil on high for 1 minutes.
Women of Today