Want to enjoy the flavors of Brazil without having to go to a churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse)? Try this easy salad!
We love the tropical flavors and the little bit of heat this salad brings to the table. We grill up the marinated steak slices, that’s the sweet and savory part; and toss them with the grilled pineapple and peppers, spinach, along with the dressing giving us a little heat. It’s sure to please and so easy!
Brazilian Grilled Steak Salad with Hearts of Palm and Avocado
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely shredded fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain on a diagonal
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cut into 1/2-in. rounds
- 2 medium red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1 can hearts of palm (rinsed and sliced)
- 1 large ripe avocado (diced or sliced)
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 oz baby spinach (2 1/2 qts. lightly packed)
- Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°).
- Grill pineapple and peppers with the lid down until beginning to char, turning once, 3 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate, core pineapple, and cut pineapple and peppers into chunks.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Add steak and toss to coat.
- Whisk together lime juice, orange zest, and juice, remaining 3 tbsp. soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and oil in a small bowl; set dressing aside.
- Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels.
- Grill steak with the lid down until meat is sizzling and mostly browned, turning once, 2 to 4 minutes total, being careful slices don't fall through the grate.
- Toss together spinach, pineapple, bell pepper, hearts of palm, avocado, steak, and dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- Plate salad using tongs and serve.