Need an easy recipe you can make with little time? Meet Camila's White Bean Soup!
Sometimes the best (and easiest) recipes come together when you are just completely winging it. Camila created this recipe for White Bean Soup on one of those days when she had no inspiration in the kitchen, so she decided to take what she had left over in the fridge, and it was a success!
- 1 bag white beans soaked overnight and rinsed or boil them and rinse them a couple times
- 1 large white or yellow onion
- 1 large tomato
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small handful of celery
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- bacon or chicken stock
- Chop onion, tomato, garlic and celery
- Heat pan with avocado oil to medium high.
- Add garlic, onion and salt.
- Once the onions become translucent add tomatoes. Once that becomes a paste add the celery and continue to cook.
- Add the beans and bay leaves. Cover with hot water about 3 to 4 fingers above the beans and let it cook until the beans are soft.
- Remove 3/4 of the beans and liquid, and blend into a paste consistency add that back to the pot to make the whole thing creamy! Check for salt and pepper.
- Top with herbs and avocados or thin sliced sautéed kale and some hot peppers if you like the heat!!