An easy and healthy breakfast that you can make part of ahead of time? Yes, we made it.
You are going to love these delicious Cranberry Apple Granola Bowls for an easy and quick breakfast. The best part? The easy to make cranberry apple compote can be made up to a week in advance and at the ready for your breakfast bowls all week long. Feel free to get creative and add other fruit that you might have available.
Tip, if you are adding any other soft berry fruit, it is best to add them at the very end when the orange pieces are added. This will help to keep the berries looking fresh and keep their shape.
Cranberry Apple Granola Bowls
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 orange, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (whole milk preferred)
- 1 cup granola
- Place the cranberries and apple pieces in a pot. Add ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until apples are tender.
- Add the maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and orange pieces to the pot. Stir to combine and remove from the heat to let cool. At this point, the compote can be refrigerated for up to one week.
- In an individual serving bowl add ½ cup of Greek yogurt, a dollop of the cranberry fruit compote and top with granola.
- Serve immediately.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Photos by Lorianne DeVita