The delicious fall side dish you have to try!
If you need another easy side dish to add to your holiday table this year, these Crispy Parmesan Acorn Squash Rings are it!
When we saw this recipe from Ereka Vetrini, we knew we had to share it with you. You may have seen those crispy parm potatoes that went viral on Instagram a while back…. They are what inspired this recipe, and we must admit they are just as good!
WOT attracted us to this recipe: Squash is in season and we love making recipes with seasonal ingredients! Plus, how can you ever go wrong roasting something with parmesan cheese?! Make them for a cozy weeknight side dish or add them to your next holiday meal.
Crispy Parmesan Acorn Squash Rings
- 2 small acorn squash (or delicata squash) rinsed, deseeded and sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Mix olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and parsley.
- Place grated parmesan in a bowl.
- Toss squash in the olive oil mixture, then press both sides into the grated parmesan and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle any remaining grated parmesan on top of the squash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is a deep golden brown.
- Let cool before eating.
If you are looking for another seasonal recipe, try our Sweet Potato Filled Acorn Squash!