The delicious fall side dish you have to try!
If you need another easy side dish to add to your holiday table this year, these Crispy Parmesan Acorn Squash Rings are it!
When we saw this recipe from Ereka Vetrini, we knew we had to share it with you. You may have seen those crispy parm potatoes that went viral on Instagram a while back…. They are what inspired this recipe, and we must admit they are just as good!
WOT attracted us to this recipe: Squash is in season and we love making recipes with seasonal ingredients! Plus, how can you ever go wrong roasting something with parmesan cheese?! Make them for a cozy weeknight side dish or add them to your next holiday meal.
Crispy Parmesan Acorn Squash Rings
- 2 small acorn squash (or delicata squash) rinsed, deseeded and sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Mix together olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, salt & parsley.
- Place grated parm in a bowl.
- Toss squash in olive oil mixture, the press both sides into the grated parm and into a baked dish.
- Sprinkle any remaining grated parm on top of the squash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is a deep golden brown.
- Let cool before eating.
If you are looking for another seasonal recipe, try our Sweet Potato Filled Acorn Squash!