Don't know what to do with your extra stuffing? We've got you!
We have found a way to make those Thanksgiving leftovers even better! Meet our Crunchy Stuffing Bites — We have combined our favorites, stuffing and cranberry sauce, for the most delicious appetizer or snack.
We used leftover Spinach Stuffing to make this recipe, but you can use whatever stuffing you make for the holiday. And of course, this doesn’t have to be done with leftovers! They make for a delish pre-dinner appetizer at your Friendsgiving.
WOT we love about this recipe: It can be made ahead and then refrigerated until you’re ready to heat and eat.
Serve these Crunchy Stuffing Bites with your favorite cranberry sauce and watch them disappear. And if you love a little heat to your cranberry sauce, you have to try Chef Ming Tsai’s Ginger-Cranberry Chutney.
Crunchy Stuffing Bites
- 2 cups leftover stuffing, chilled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups panko
- ¾ cup of your favorite prepared cranberry sauce
- canola oil
- In a deep-frying pan, heat the canola oil until 350 degrees or until the oil bubbles when the top part of a wooden spoon handle is inserted into the oil. You need about ½ inch of oil in the pan for frying the bites.
- While oil is heating, beat the two eggs in a small bowl, set aside. Add the panko to another bowl and set aside.
- Roll stuffing into tablespoon size balls and dip into the egg and then roll in panko. Carefully, add the bites into the frying pan and work in batches of six and cook for about 3 minutes per side. When nice and golden, remove from frying pan with slotted spoon and place on paper towel. Repeat until finished.
- Plate the stuffing bites and serve with a side of your favorite prepared cranberry sauce.
- *If frying the bites ahead of time and the refrigerating them, reheat in a 375 degree oven, on a sheet pan for 10-15 minutes.
If you are looking for more Thanksgiving appetizer recipes, check out our 6 Light Appetizer Ideas.
Photos by Lorianne DeVita