Appetizers often get overlooked at big holiday meals — We are so focused on making the perfect turkey or getting the mashed potatoes just right, we forget to serve something great to guests ahead of time.
Make this year’s appetizers great by planning ahead of time! Today, we are sharing six recipes that are perfect for your Thanksgiving celebration.
Some tips to consider when planning your Thanksgiving appetizers:
• A good rule of thumb for a dinner party is to allow for 6 appetizers per person. Keep this in mind when figuring out how much to make.
• Do as much as you can a day in advance. Chop anything that can be chopped ahead of time and place it in plastic bags or containers in the refrigerator.
• If you’re tight on refrigerator space, use a cooler and fill it with bagged ice. Leftover ice can be used for water glasses and drinks!
• Garnish your serving trays with green leafy lettuce, herbs, or citrus wheels for a nice presentation.
• Have several of the same dishes in different locations so guests don’t have to go looking for the appetizers.
• You don’t have to have fancy serving platters. Use cutting boards, cookie sheet pans, or mirrors to serve!
Easy Whipped Feta Dip — Think creamy whipped feta cheese with juicy roasted tomatoes and the perfect balance of seasoning.
Easy Baked Gorgonzola Pears — The richness of the gorgonzola married with the sweet pear and honey and depth from the thyme, make these the perfect appetizer.
Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs via The Kitchn — These are quick-as-a-snap breakfast side dish or appetizer. People love them — they are bite-sized and yummy, warm and creamy inside and crispy on the outside. I mean, it doesn’t get any better than that!
Baked Brie with Maple Roasted Cranberries via the view from great island — This is an easy holiday appetizer, and it’s so darned pretty! The baked cheese gets all gooey and the cranberries add a sweet tart punch.
Women of Today’s Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon — This is an easy comfort-food recipe that has a nice presentation. You could make these as an appetizer, or serve them with a salad for lunch or a light dinner.
Cranberry Chipotle Cocktail Meatballs via Host The Toast — This recipe requires almost no effort, they’re flavorful and balanced, they’re perfect for parties, they’re seasonal, they’re delicious, they’re delicious, and really, they’re so delicious.