Looking for a perfect game day appetizer? Carmen from Every Last Bite has got you covered with these yummy Cauliflower Pizza Bites. And for those who aren’t a big fan of cauliflower crusts … This recipe is sure to change your mind! Did we mention that this recipe is also dairy free (make without cheese), grain/gluten free, paleo, specific carbohydrate diet legal? Which means all of your Super Bowl guests can eat these!
Women of Today
I promise this will be one of the best cauliflower pizza crust recipes that you will ever come across, not only are they foolproof to make, the base is incredibly sturdy and won’t self destruct in your hands. The cauliflower rice goes into the batter raw which means you can skip having to microwave it in batches and frustratingly spend time squeezing out every last drop of moisture.
A large muffin tin makes great 2-3 bite sized pizzas, but you could also use a mini muffin tin to make even smaller ones. This is also a great recipe to prepare with kids, as everything is contained within the muffin tins keeping mess to a minimum.
In this recipe I used a variety of toppings including sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, ham, red onion and salami but feel free to use any of your favorite pizza toppings.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite1) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza Bites
- 2 cups cauliflower rice approx 1 small cauliflower
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or parmesan for SCD)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- tomato sauce
- fresh spinach
- sautéed mushrooms
- grated cheese
- red onion
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks and place in a food processor. Blend for approximately 1 minute until it becomes as fine as possible. Measure out two cups of the cauliflower and place in a bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients for the crust and stir together until well mixed.
- Using a paper towel dipped in olive oil, grease each of the cups of the muffin tin
- Place a spoonful of the dough mixture into each muffin cup and press down firmly so the crust is well packed in.
- Bake the pizza crusts for 10-12 minutes in the oven until firm. After 10 minutes remove from the oven and gently press with your finger, they should hold together and be firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Using a knife, run it around the edges of each crust and loosen them from the bottom of the pan, this will ensure they are easier to remove later.
- With the crusts still in the muffin tray, top each with tomato sauce and any topping of your choice.
- Place the muffin tray back into the oven an allow to bake for a further 5 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Once cooked, remove from the tray and serve warm.