Looking for the perfect on-the-go snack? These crunchy little bites are it...
When we see a recipe that’s packed with nutrients, easy to make, and fun for Valentine’s Day, we have to share it! So, today we are bringing you @waytohealthkitchen‘s oil, eggs, and gluten-free Granola Hearts… and the best part, they come together in about 15 minutes!
WOT we learned from this recipe: We had never heard of whipped aquafaba, which is a foam that’s created from whipping the water of canned or boiled garbanzo beans.
- Mixer optional
- 1 cup almonds (whole or sliced)
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup dried cranberries without sugar
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup maple or date syrup
- 7 tbsp whipped aquafaba (water in which garbanzo beens were boiled or just strain from a can)
- Drain a can of chickpeas and reserve the liquid and whip it by hand or with a mixer.
- Whipping aquafaba generally takes 3-6 minutes to get to semi-firm peaks, depending on your equipment and how thick your aquafaba was to begin with.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Combine all the ingredients and bake with or without shaping at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle chocolate if you wish and enjoy!
Recipe shared from @waytohealthkitchen