All the savory and sweet flavors of fall in one dish!
When Women of Today community member Tara Budzyn submitted a recipe for a harvest bake to us and wrote, “It’s a cornucopia of autumn flavors and holiday smells, this is ONE FOR THE BOOKS,” we got inspired and knew we had to make a version of it, and we must admit we agree! You are going to love our version of this Harvest Bake.
This dish offers so much depth and flavor… From the savory sausage + potatoes to the sweet apples, tangy cranberries, and nutty pecans. Each bite is a burst of fall flavors.
WOT we love about this recipe: It can easily be made vegan by using plant-based sausage!
- 4 med/large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into bite-size pieces
- 4 granny smith or Honeycrisp apples: peeled, cored, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 fully cooked chicken apple sausages, like @aidells or use plant-based sausage for vegan vegetarian
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, combine the chopped sweet potatoes, apples, sausage, pecans, and cranberries. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. If you’re not using a non-stick baking sheet, use parchment paper to line the baking sheet.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, toss, and return to the oven uncovered for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Place in serving dish and top with finely chopped fresh rosemary and chives.
Recipe by Tara Budzyn and photos by Lorianne DeVita