We combined two of our favorite flavors to make this delicious dip!
If you are looking for a new dip to serve for your next gathering, you need to try our Pesto Hummus. The sweet and earthy flavor from the pesto mixed with the smooth and creamy hummus makes for the perfect dip to serve with pita chips, on sandwiches, or as an addition to your entree.
If you would like to create this recipe with homemade pesto, try this Vegan Pesto!
- 2 15oz cans of chickpeas
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup basil pesto
- ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Drain the chickpeas and warm them in microwave for 30-45 seconds (optional). This step is optional but will add to the creaminess of the hummus.
- Add chickpeas to your food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Process the ingredients until smooth, adding a little water, olive oil, or drained liquid from the chickpeas to thin out the mixture if needed.
- Garnish with a few whole chickpeas, a drizzle of olive oil, or a dollop of pesto, if desired.
Want more inspiration? Try pairing this recipe with The WellNutt’s Homemade Pita Chips!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita