Looking for a fresh and healthy dip you can serve all year round? We have the perfect recipe for you!
Meet our delicious Roasted Eggplant Dip! This simple yet flavorful dip is easy to make and tastes great whether you serve it warm or cold. The combination of roasted eggplant, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, smoked paprika and kosher salt creates a creamy and rich dip that will impress any guest!
We recommend garnishing it with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil, and serving it with our Easy Grilled Pita or chips, providing a delightful crunch that perfectly complements the creamy dip.
Tip: We found that the smaller eggplants tend to have smaller or few seeds.
Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Food Processor
- 2-3 small eggplants
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbs tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Garnish with parsley and olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry eggplants and place them on a baking sheet. Place in a preheated 400-degree oven for 30 minutes, and then turn the eggplant. Bake for another 30 minutes or until the eggplants are fork-tender from top to bottom.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and let them cool. Slice the cooled eggplant in half lengthwise and open. Remove any large pockets of seeds and scrape the eggplant meat from the skin. Place the meat of the eggplant in a food processor. Depending on the size of the food processor, you might need to work in batches.
- Once the eggplant is in the food processor, add the tahini, lemon juice, smoked paprika, and kosher salt. Blend for about one minute.
- Place the blended eggplant and spice mixture into a serving bowl and top with chopped fresh parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- This can be served immediately or chilled overnight and served the next day. Store in refrigerator for up to five days.
- Serve with grilled pita bread or pita chips.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita