If you are fan of brussels sprouts then this simple five-ingredient salad just might become your new favorite!
There are many reasons to love this salad! It’s light, crunchy, and flavorful and bursts with summer flavors thanks to the addition of blueberries!
When you think of brussels sprouts, you might automatically think about eating them roasted or sautéed, but you have to try them raw in a salad.
This dish is also a breeze to put together (which we love). With five main ingredients and an easy dressing, you can whip this salad together in no time. Eat this salad on its own, or add a protein to it like we did. Our recipe for Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp goes perfectly with this dish!
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Feta and Blueberries
- 12 oz shredded brussels sprouts
- 12 oz broccoli slaw
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, rinsed and roughly chopped, the small part of the stems work too
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice approximately 2 small limes
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or avocado mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil This will get drizzled in after the above ingredients get blended
- In a blender or using an emersion blender, combine the minced garlic, 1 cup of cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, and honey.
- On medium speed, blend these ingredients until well incorporated.
- With the blender on low, begin to drizzle in the olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded brussels sprouts and broccoli slaw. Pour dressing over and toss to combine well. Let the mixture sit for 30 min, up to six hours, before serving.
- Add the diced avocado, feta cheese and blueberries. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita