Tacos, Shrimp, and Coleslaw... need we say more?!
This week in the WOT Test Kitchen we combined a simple roasted shrimp with an easy and flavorful coleslaw to make some very tasty tacos that will have you coming back for seconds… or thirds!
WOT we love about this recipe: This recipe comes together quickly and there’s only a handful of items you need to buy at the grocery store to make it happen.
This has become one of our favorites to make, especially on weekdays when you need a quick and healthy dinner! We hope you love this dish as much as we do!
Want more great taco recipes? Try our Turkey, Tequila Tacos or these Moroccan Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tacos.
Shrimp Tacos with Cucumber Cilantro Slaw
- 1 lb small shrimp peeled, deveined and tail removed
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- Cucumber Jalapeno Coleslaw (recipe below)
- 4-6 flour or corn tortillas
- Garnish with: chopped tomatoes, lime wedges, cilantro, green onion
- 1 10oz package of shredded cabbage (some brands have carrot in it too, that’s what we used)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 limes, zest and juiced, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare shrimp & salad: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss shrimp with olive oil, lime zest, salt, and pepper. Spread out on baking sheet and roast in oven for approximately 10 min or until shrimp are opaque white.
- To assemble: Place a small amount of the cucumber jalapeno coleslaw on bottom of tortilla, top with three shrimp per tortilla and garnish with cilantro, tomato, and green onion.
- Serve immediately.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, cucumber, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, and lime zest.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and all the lime juice. Stir to combine and make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- *Note: For optimal taste, make ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld. This can also be made a day in advance as the cabbage holds up well. If you’d like more spice, you can add another jalapeño.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita