The season of entertaining is upon us, and we have the perfect breakfast to serve your family and friends this year
Whether you are hosting this holiday season or not, this Sweet Potato and Zucchini Egg Bake is the perfect vegetarian recipe to serve up for breakfast or brunch! The delicious combination of flavors gives you the perfect bite every time. The best part is that you can easily make this recipe gluten-free if you are serving anyone with dietary restrictions!
WOT we love about this recipe: This is the perfect recipe to make in advance and refrigerate! Meaning you can get after this one the day before and not even have to think about breakfast. If you decide to make it ahead, you will need to add about 15 minutes of baking time and cover the baking dish for the first 15 minutes to prevent the top from getting too brown.
Sweet Potato and Zucchini Egg Bake
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups sweet potato shredded, about 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups zucchini shredded, about 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup cheese grated, use your favorite
- ½ cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Few turns of fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8x8 or similar baking pan or dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, Dijon mustard, Herbs de Provence, and diced onion. Whisk to combine.
- Add the shredded zucchini then the shredded sweet potatoes, stir in the shredded cheese. Sprinkle the top with the flour and add the salt and pepper. Stir to combine and pour mixture into the buttered baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes. *If making ahead and refrigerating, add 15 minutes to the baking time and cover the baking dish for the first 15 minutes to prevent the top from getting too brown.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita