Who doesn't love a sweet and festive breakfast to celebrate the ones you love?
Camila has cooked up some seriously cute ideas for the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast! Perfect for your sweetheart, or your kids, these breakfast ideas are a sure-fire way to spread some love!
Heart Shaped Eggs and Toast
- 1-2 Different sized heart-shaped cookie cutters You can make the toast and eggs hearts or just cut a heart out on the toast
- Your favorite bread slightly toasted
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a buttered nonstick frying pan, place the large heart shape cookie cutter in center of the pan. Crack two eggs in center of the cookie cutter and cook over low to medium heat. If needed, cover the cookie cutter with a lid to speed up cook time. Cook until yolks are firm.
- Remove heart shaped egg and on a board or flat surface, press a small cookie cutter into the center. Remove small heart shape egg using the same size small heart shaped cookie cutter, press into the sliced and lightly toasted bread. Insert small toast into the heart opening of the heart shaped egg.
- * Note: it may help to use non-stick spray on the cookie cutter you are cooking with and you can also mix the eggs before pouring into the heart shape.
- Prepare the bread by laying it down on a hard surface and using the cookie cutter to punch a heart-shaped hole in the center of the bread. Be sure that the surrounding bread stays intact. If you allow it to open the egg will not stay inside the bread.
- Spread 2 tbsp. of butter on both sides of the bread and the heart cutout. Then, melt the other 2 tbsp. in a pan over medium- low heat.
- Crack the eggs in to 4 separate cups.
- Lay the bread into the pan carefully and allow it to toast on one side. Then, flip the bread over and carefully pour the egg into the heart-shaped hole in the bread.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes over a low heat, or until the white part of the egg is set.
- Then, remove from the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the remaining heart cut outs in the pan and serve alongside the egg-in-toast.
Enjoy, and have a happy Valentine’s Day!
Making any of these recipes? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!