Get ready for some Chicken Fajita Bowls!
Today we welcome back to WOT chef and number one best-selling author, Gaby Dalkin from What’s Gaby Cooking! Today Gaby is sharing with us her recipe for this mouth-watering Chicken Fajita Bowl with Guacamole.
Today it’s all about Chicken Fajita Bowls with steamed white rice (or cauliflower rice if you’re keeping it clean), black beans, charred corn, pico, guacamole and more! It’s perfect. Everything you’ve ever wanted. The poblano peppers in there will 100% seal the deal. And best part about it… you serve it in a bowl. Which if you’re new here, is my all time favorite way to eat anything. Bowls all day, every day.
Chicken Fajita Bowls with Guacamole
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 poblano pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cups steamed white rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup charred Corn
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 batch of guacamole
- fresh cilantro
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips, about the size of your finger. Combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken mixture, marinade included, and sauté until fully cooked. Using a pair of tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and add the vegetables. Sauté until tender and charred. Add the chicken back into the cast iron skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve in a bowl with rice, black beans, charred corn, chopped tomatoes, a big spoonful of guacamole and a wedge of lime.
Be sure to follow What’s Gaby Cookin on Instagram! Want more? Try Gaby’s Summer Grain Bowl with Green Goddess Feta Dressing. And if you need a great guacamole recipe, try this Guacamole With Pepitas and Pomegranate Seeds.
Recipe, text and images by Gaby Dalkin