Enjoy the last taste of summer with this healthier Strawberry Cobbler!
Camila has teamed up with H-E-B to bring you this better-for-you Gluten-Free Strawberry Cobbler! After spending some time in the south and receiving several delicious homemade cobblers from neighbors, Camila decided we had to create a better-for-you recipe for this classic, and this version does not disappoint!
We made this recipe healthier than a traditional cobbler by swapping the refined sugar with Higher Harvest by HEB Coconut Sugar and using half the butter.
Check out the video below to see Camila make this dish step-by-step.
Gluten-Free Strawberry Cobbler
- 4 tbsp Vegan butter or regular butter
- ¼ cup Higher Harvest by HEB Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 quart fresh ripe strawberries hulled & sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Higher Harvest by HEB GF All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp HEB Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup Higher Harvest by HEB Coconut Sugar
- ¾ cup HEB Original Oat Milk
- 1 tsp HEB Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter into the 8x8 or similar baking dish and place in the oven to melt for about 3 minutes. Remove from oven when melted. Swirl the baking dish so butter evenly coats the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar and cornstarch together. Add the strawberries and lemon juice, stir to combine, and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add in milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until you have a smooth batter consistency. If the batter seems too thick, add a couple of tablespoons at a time of additional oat milk.
- Pour batter evenly over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- Spoon strawberries evenly on top of the batter using a slotted spoon, leaving the extra syrup in the bowl.
- Baked for 35-40 minutes on the middle rack or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cobbler rest for a few minutes.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Recipe sponsored by H-E-B