We highly suggest you stop whatever it is you're doing and pay attention to our new favorite way to make a summer Caesar Salad
If you haven’t tried grilling romaine lettuce, then you are seriously missing out and need to make our Grilled Caesar Salad ASAP. Grilling lettuce may sound counterintuitive, but stay with us because this dish is seriously worth making.
This technique will add a little something special to your plate and makes for a beautiful presentation.
This salad can easily turn into an entrée salad by adding grilled chicken, fish or as we did, some Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp.
If shrimp aren’t your thing, then try this Marriage Saving Grilled Salmon or our Buttermilk Marinated Grilled Chicken.
Grilled Caesar Salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce cleaned and split in half lengthwise
- Olive oil for drizzling before grilling
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the grill to high.
- Take your cleaned split Romaine lettuce and quickly drizzle both sides with olive oil. Place on grill and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set on serving plate.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients.Taste and adjust for seasoning. Drizzle over the grilled Romaine.
- Serve with your favorite grilled shrimp or try one of our recipes.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita