Looking for a guilt free treat to enjoy? Everyone will love these vibrant chocolate truffles packed with healthy ingredients.
Today we welcome back to WOT Carmen from Every Last Bite who is sharing with us her vegan and gluten free recipe for Matcha Truffles.
What happens when you cross a Bounty Bar with not 1 but 2 superfoods? You get these Matcha Truffles! The center of each truffle is made with just a handful of ingredients including a base of shredded unsweetened coconut, and avocado, which gives them a creamy texture.
Inside the dark chocolate coating, the center of each truffle is vibrant green in color thanks to the matcha and avocado combo. Make a batch of these to keep around the house, or gift to a friend, they are truly a treat that everyone will enjoy.
Matcha Truffles (vegan + gluten free)
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetned coconut
- 150 g dark chocolate
- In a mixing bowl combine the matcha, avocado, vanilla, coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl. Mash the avocado until it's smooth and well combined with the other ingredients.
- Add in the coconut and stir.
- Roll the mixture into 20-25 small balls. Place them on a tray and put them in the fridge to slightly harden.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and microwave in 1 minute intervals until it has completely melted.
- Dip each of the truffles into the chocolate to coat and then place back on the tray. Sprinkle the top of each chocolate truffle with a pinch of matcha and place back in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden.
Enjoy! If you make this recipe, be sure to share it with us on Instagram. Want more from Carmen? Be sure to follow her on Instagram and check out her new book: Every Last Bite: A Deliciously Clean Approach to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet