When it comes to planning a great Thanksgiving meal, the bar + cocktail setup is one of the first things you should get figured out!
Today we are sharing with you some tips for setting up a great bar cart for your guests this Thanksgiving. Once you have got your drink menu all set, it’s time to pay attention to the bar. Whether you are making drinks or you set up a serve-yourself station, there are some essentials that you will need to have:
• Create a designated space for your bar so everything stays in one spot.
• Have plenty of water for both cocktails and dinner.
• Add a tray of sliced fruits so your guests can add to their glasses. Our go-to fruits are limes, lemons and blood oranges.
• Club soda is essential, make sure you have plenty of it on hand.
• Add a variety of mixers and spirits so guests can also make their own beverage of choice if they want something other than the cocktails you are serving.
• Have extra glasses and all your tools on hand — An ice bucket, tongs, and stirring spoons are essential.
• A ginger simple syrup is always helpful to have on hand. You can order one like this if you don’t want to make one yourself.
• Bitters (including flavored ones) are always good to have on hand and can be used in a variety of drinks.
• Make sure you have your essential supplies: a shot glass, cocktail shaker, mixing spoon, toothpicks and a citrus juicer.
• Buy extra cocktail napkins — You always need more than you think you will!
• Don’t forget the ice!!!
• Make your bar a little festive by adding some flowers, greenery or holiday decor. Design pro Nate Berkus always suggests olive leaf branches.
Cheers! And enjoy your Thanksgiving!