Soft and fluffy naan bread that's also vegan? Sign us up!
If you have never tried naan bread, then you need to give @itsvegansis‘ recipe a go! Although naan is traditionally a staple Indian food, it can also be used for many other dishes (we could literally eat it every day with just about anything).
We love using this light and fluffy bread to serve with a homemade dip or as a substitute for pizza crust.
Try pairing this naan bread with this Homemade Beet Hummus, and you’ll have a delicious lunch or appetizer.
Vegan Naan Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup vegan milk + 3/4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- handful of chopped parsley
- minced garlic to taste
- Make vegan buttermilk by combining soy milk with apple cider vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, yeast and salt. Add vegan buttermilk, olive oil and maple syrup. Mix. Transfer onto a floured surface and knead using your hands until a dough forms. Place it in a greased bowl, cover with a towel, and allow to rise until doubles in size.
- Remove the air from the dough using your fist, divide into 6-8 pieces, shape into a ball and roll until 1/2 inches thick.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet with oil. Once hot, place the dough on the skillet. When burned spots and large bubbles start forming, flip it over and cook the other side. Repeat with all the remaining pieces.
- To serve- mix melted vegan butter with chopped parsley and minced garlic, brush on both sides of each naan.
Recipe shared from @itsvegansis