Looking for a delicious summertime appetizer that uses seasonal ingredients? We got you!
Meet our Whipped Ricotta with Savory Blueberry Sauce and Pistachios! The creamy richness of whole milk ricotta cheese combines flawlessly with a velvety homemade blueberry sauce, creating the perfect blend of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
With a touch of pistachio for added crunch and optional mint leaves for a refreshing twist, this recipe is as beautiful as it is delicious.
Whipped Ricotta with Savory Blueberry Sauce and Pistachios
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta cheese, drained and room temperature
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Savory Blueberry Sauce (see recipe below)
- 2 tbsp pistachios, lightly crushed
- 3 mint leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
- In a food processor, whip the ricotta cheese for about 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream and whip for another 30 seconds.
- Plate the whipped ricotta mixture on a serving plate and drizzle with our Savory Blueberry Sauce (cooled). Top with lightly crushed pistachios and optional mint leaves.
Savory Blueberry Sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained.
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pat of butter
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the balsamic vinegar until it is reduced to just about half the amount. Add the blueberries and maple syrup. Simmer until the blueberries burst, cooking for a minute or two. Remove from heat and add a pat of butter and stir until combined.
- Cool and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita