Who doesn’t love an ooey-gooey spinach and artichoke dip?
The WOT Test Kitchen went to the drawing board to bring you a new version of traditional artichoke dip that is truly better for you.
Whether you’re getting ready for game day, or you just have a craving for something warm and yummy, we hope you like this version of our Better for You Spinach and Artichoke Dip as much as we do.
WOT we love about this recipe: It is super easy to make (like foolproof), budget friendly, and did we mention it’s a better for you recipe?!
Better for You Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 oz jar of artichoke hearts (marinated or plain), drained and roughly chopped
- 10-16 oz bag of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess water
- 4 oz Neufchâtel cheese (low fat cream cheese alternative), softened and cut in large pieces
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan Reggiano, Pecorino Romano or Asiago (mildest to strongest cheese options)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- fresh veggies
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a skillet over medium heat add olive oil, minced garlic, and diced onions. Sauté until onions are soft and translucent. Add the Worcestershire sauce to the mixture, stir and add the chopped artichoke hearts, thawed spinach, Neufchâtel cheese, Greek Yogurt, ¼ cup of grated cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture into an oven safe baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 2 Tablespoons of grated cheese on top. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Server with your favorite crackers, crostini, or fresh veggies.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita