Bring on tasty seasonal meals that look bright and festive!
This week’s $20 Tuesday recipe is this Chicken Sausage Stuffed Peppers and they look just like a perfect summertime meal should!
For this dish, we used store-made chicken sausage and amped it up by adding onions and garlic and a little cheese on top! This little hack saves a lot of time, and still makes for a delish meal.
WOT we love about this dish: is you can serve it with an easy salad or your favorite potato dish. You can also wrap them into a soft tortilla for an instant flavor fiesta (and pair with our all-time favorite, Erica McConaughey’s Guacamole).
Give these a try and let us know what you think.
Chicken Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- 4 long, multi-color sweet peppers, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- 4 links of chicken sausage, casing removed
- 1 large, sweet onion, diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheeses of your choice
- In a large skillet add extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium. Add the diced onion and Sautee for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add the minced garlic and continue cooking until onions are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the uncased chicken sausage to the skillet and cook until browned. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice the long, sweet peppers in half and remove any seeds. Place each half-cut side up on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon the sausage filling into each half of pepper dividing it up equally. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite salad or potato.
If you want more $20 Tuesday recipes you can check them out here!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita
Note: $20 is an approximate cost for this dish. The actual price of all ingredients may vary.