When someone says 3 ingredients, delicious, and healthy we take it to the test kitchen!
We love nothing more than when our Women of Today readers send us delicious recipes to try, and this one for Breakfast Oatmeal Banana Cookies is no exception. A big thank you to reader Rose Egge for sharing what turned out to be a big hit in the WOT Test Kitchen! With only three simple ingredients and hardly any prep time, these healthy cookies will provide you with the easiest breakfast on the go or snack for days! And if you’re anything like us, you’ll be thankful for this shortcut to nutrients for breakfast before starting a busy day.
Pro Tip: Add unsweetened coconut shavings like we did (or vegan chocolate chips!) to satisfy that sweet tooth. This works great as a healthier option for kids, too! Also, press some toasted oats to the top of the cookies for an added crunch.
Pure, simple, and healthy … Just the way we like it!
Mix, then bake in the oven, and you’re all done!
Easy Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2-4 tbsp. chopped walnuts or other mix-ins, See options below
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- chocolate chips
- Toasted coconut (to finish the cookie)
- Mash bananas first, add the quick oats, and mix them together using a spoon or spatula until blended.
- Add the chopped walnuts and other mix-ins.
- Place the mixture in 12 rounded scoops on a cookie sheet (greased or use parchment paper or non-stick foil). Flatten each mound and bake at 350° for about 15 minutes.
- Lightly press toasted oatmeal onto the top of the cookies to finish.