Fries don’t have to be a guilty pleasure, especially when they are made with vitamin-rich green beans and baked in the oven rather than fried. Carmen over at Every Last Bite shared this recipe with us and it is the perfect party snack!
She coated these beans (which are very high in fiber) in gluten-free breadcrumbs and cornmeal for added crunch. We have also included two delicious dips, a garlicky herb yogurt and a spicy sriracha dip, which are both made with fat-free Greek yogurt and packed full of flavor. Unlike other fries, these green bean fries don’t get soggy, so you can make a big batch and still enjoy their crispy crunch hours after baking.
Green Bean Fries With Two Delicious Dips
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 2 eggs
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Make the two dips by combining the ingredients for each in bowls and stirring until well combined. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a bowl combine the cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Place the flour on a plate. Crack the two eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Wash the green beans and then working in batches, coat the beans in the flour, dip into the egg and the dredge in the breadcrumb mixture until well coated. Lay the beans out evenly on a baking sheet. Lightly spray the beans with cooking spray.
- Bake the beans in the oven for 12-15 minutes until they are crispy and golden in color. Test a bean to ensure that it’s cooked and tender on the inside.
- Serve the green bean fries with the two dipping sauces.
Recipe by Carmen of Every Last Bite.