Not a 'baker' per se? This easy + delicious cake recipe is for you!
Our WOT community liked our No Bake Lemon Cheesecake so much that we decided to get into the test kitchen and try a chocolate version, and this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is GOOD!
This recipe can easily be adapted into a gluten-free option by using gluten-free cookies. For such an easy recipe, this has a wow factor even if you don’t consider yourself a pastry chef!
WOT Tip: We like to use mini chocolate chips for melting, the regular will work, but the mini melt quicker and more evenly.
If you’re looking for a 6” springform pan, this one will do the trick. FIND IT HERE
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed chocolate chip cookies (we used gluten-free)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped heavy cream
- Shaved chocolate
- Crush cookies and mix with melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 6” springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Over a double boiler melt the mini chocolate chips and then add the sweetened condensed milk. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. If using a microwave, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the mini chocolate chips at 30-second intervals. Once the chocolate is melted, remove the bowl from the microwave, add the sweetened condensed milk, whisk to combine, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream cheese and beat for a couple of minutes until well combined.
- Spoon cheesecake batter into the prepared springform pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the springform outer ring and top the cheesecake with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Slice and serve.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita